At what point of your struggle against acne should you think about antibiotic therapy as the most effective option for you?
People who are constantly affected by pimples start to feel desperation. Actually, acne is something that is not accepted by the society and it can cause severe stress to a person who is afflicted with this disease or even lead to depression and suicidal mood. Lots of acne sufferers have attempted to get rid of their problem by changing their food and sleep habits, trying different products and supplements or following special treatment-courses, but everything seems to be in vain.
At this point it is right time to consider a consultation with a dermatologist or physician. Today there is a number of effective prescription drugs. One of the safest and most efficacious medicines is Clindamycin.
Below is the information that will allow you to understand what Clindamycin is used for and when it is better to avoid it.
Clindamycin is an antibiotic that is administered to combat bacterial infections and acne. This medicine is most frequently applied for fighting anaerobic bacteria. It is sold under the following trade names: Cleocin Phosphate, Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin and Cleocin HCl.
Mode of Application of Clindamycin
– This antibiotic is usually used every six hours, not more than four times a day. It is necessary to ask your physician about the proper dosage.
– Oral medicine should be taken together with a full glass of water.
– It is not recommended to lie down for a half an hour after using the Clindamycin.
– Do not discontinue the therapy right after the symptoms of your disease have disappeared. The treatment should be stopped only in accordance with the prescription so as to make certain that the bacteria are completely eliminated.
What Results Can Clindamycin Bring to You?
Clindamycin helps to destroy Propionibacterium Acnes that attacks the skin and provokes the emergence of whiteheads as well as inflamed pimples. It also has an anti-inflammatory effect and decreases the redness that attends the inflammation of the skin.
Clindamycin can bring about the following side effects: sickness, indigestion, giddiness, diarrhea, sore throat, white patchers in the mouth, yellowing skin or eyes, skin eruptions and itching, breathing trouble, vaginal discharge.
Warnings and Contraindications
– Notify your doctor if you have allergy to Clindamycin, aspirin, lincomycin or tartrazine.
– Avoid using Clindamycin if you suffer from kidney or liver illnesses.
– Do not take Clindamycin if you are expecting a baby, because it may cause harm to an unborn child.
– This prescription medicine can also get into the breath milk, therefore suckling mothers should avoid taking this antibiotic
– In case you have ever suffered from eczema, asthma or allergic skin responses, you should inform your doctor about this.
It is not advised to resort to Clindamycin without a consultation with your dermatologist or physician, but if used in accordance with prescriptions, it can be efficacious at the struggle against acne. Clindamycin is the safest and best working antibiotic for acne.